WHATSAPP SCAM: CYBERCRIMINALS TARGET WHATSAPP USERS WITH THE PROMISE OF A ‘PART TIME’ JOB
The key findings of the aforementioned investigation as follows:
**Note: The information mentioned here has been extracted during the investigation, information might be changed after generating the reports.
● There are multiple different links that redirect to a common URL- https://wa.me/+919354962911?text=hi- and each link uses different numbers to send a message.
● It can be observed that the same outgoing link is used for all the links with variation in the numbers. The parameter lang=_ _ in the links indicates that they can be redirected to WhatsApp in all regions and in languages other than English.
● The IP address of the link is 126.96.36.199 and it can be traced to Alibaba Cloud, the city Hong Kong and the country China.
● The origin AS number AS45102 was also found to be used by other websites such as phoinos.com, zoomerry.com, chinafree.online, zoom-inn.com, suitianhose.com and minhang.work.
● In all the links, the same redirection and outgoing sources were generated, however, in one link, a different URL was found and one new IP address that belongs to one of China’s Hosting company Alibaba Cloud.
● When the URL is manipulated, an error code is displayed in the Chinese language.
● The domain names found during the investigation seem to have been registered from China.